With over 17,000 staff in more than 200 laboratories across 36 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader laboratory in Food, Pharma and Environmental testing.
Eurofins is developing eLIMS-NG (Eurofins Laboratory Information Management System, the Next Generation), a comprehensive and integrated suite of tools and applications to support production processes in our laboratories worldwide. Eurofins Analytico in Barneveld has been selected as pilot laboratory for the deployment of eLIMS-NG.
For our deployment project team in Barneveld we are looking for an experienced .NET developer and hands on leader,
Lead Developer (1 FTE)
- The IT Lead Developer reports to the Project Manager One-IT and will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of software developers and software testers in the design, development, testing, and construction of multiple Applications;
- Create and execute development plans and revise to meet changing needs/requirements;
- Own the development lifecycle and manage technical risks throughout projects;
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration of multiple projects;
- Consistently deliver high level of software quality for full project development lifecycle;
- Work closely with the team(s) on expanding and enforcing architecture and development best practices;
- Inform the management of the development progress.
Critical success criteria for this challenging job are:
- Self-starter, ability to communicate technical concepts to non-specialists, decisive, realistic about when to hold your ground, substantive authority, hands-on, focused on details and able to see the bigger picture, persistent, structured and management potential.
- You have the capability to participate in a dynamic and hectically environment. You combine excellent technical skills and knowledge coupled with strong leadership, planning and management abilities.
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering and 3+ years managing development teams;
- IT Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- Knowledge and experience with one or more development methodologies (preferably SCRUM / Agile);
- Excellent English and Dutch language skills;
- Strong background in Object-Oriented design, programming and frameworks (experience in the use of frameworks is required, frameworks development is a plus);
- Working knowledge of Oracle/PLSql, SQL Server/T-SQL/Ado.Net.
- Working knowledge of XML, XSL;
- Experience with User Interface Design;
- Experience using Design Patterns and Best Coding Practices and knowledge of WPF would be a plus;
- Working knowledge of .NET 2.0 or later, ASP.NET, Visual Basic .NET, C# and ASP.NET MVC would be a plus;
- Prior experience in industrial settings, and especially with Laboratory processes, is a plus.
What we offer:
A chance to become part of a highly motivated international team of professionals. Together you will work on strategic software solutions for Eurofins.
An assessment is part of the selection procedure.
How to apply:
Upload your resume via our application form.
For more information about the vacancy contact Marrit van Exel, HR officer, +31 34 242 63 67.