FedEx provides customers worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation services. FedEx Express is the global leader, providing reliable, time-definite deliveries to more than 220 countries. FedEx inspires its more than 290,000 team members to remain "absolutely, positively" focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities.
FedEx SupplyChain is an ambitious and growing business activity, focused on providing integrated services for customers with advanced supply chain requirements, mainly in the high-tech and medical devices industries. The FedEx Supply Chain headquarters for Europe is located in Veldhoven.
In 2013, FedEx was honored again by the Great Place to Work Institute and by its own employees as one of the best employers in the Netherlands.
FedEx SupplyChain Project Engineer
The Project Engineer reports to the Manager Operations Broad Scope and works under general direction. He/she will lead multiple high impact or complex regional engineering initiatives within FedEx Supply Chain Operations and related functional areas. It includes influencing and ‘managing’ cross-functional teams of senior managers & professionals in order to achieve optimal results for the business.
He/she will translate raw business requirements into practical business proposals and subject to approval leading the implementation phase. Working for a global brand, you will occasionally need to travel.
For this job, we ask:
- 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent business acumen
- An industrial engineering education with warehousing expertise
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with different layers in the organization, i.e. from operations to upper management
- Hands-on profile (being on the shop floor)
- LEAN Six Sigma certified
- Excellent analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent in English (verbal and writing)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to persuade people and deal with conflict
- Knowledge of financial budgeting/ forecasting
- Knowledge of Activity Based Costing
- Knowledge of WHS management systems
An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic team, an excellent benefits package and real career opportunities within an international company.
An online assessment may be part of the selection. In addition, a resume screening and a certificate of good conduct is required for this function.
Are you interested?
Please send your cover letter and C.V. before April 23, 2015 via our application form.
Ms Jutta Madjoe - HR Services Representative
FedEx Supply Chain Netherlands BV
PO Box 432; 5500AK in Veldhoven
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Project Engineer, Industrial Engineering, Warehousing, Logistics, LEAN Six Sigma