Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
Purchasing Program Manager
This position is a individual contributor role that will project manage all aspects of sourcing activities in New Product Development (NPD) and utilize the necessary training, process, performance metrics, and communication plan to effectively address the business and internal customer needs across the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supplier selection, RFQ, cost reductions and coordinating overseeing the PPAP, supplier qualifications, and value chain. An individual with the appropriate purchasing, industry and supplier experience would be best qualified for the position.
We are a rapidly growing $2 billion business with operations and business centers in 16 countries and over 17,000 employees worldwide.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
- Participate in multiple New Product Development projects (NPD) in conjunction with business management (PMT),engineering (DE) and corporate purchasing (CPT).
- Lead and manage the New component Sourcing (NCS) purchasing activities from offering to production phase.
- Lead all aspects of NCS from supply chain identification, supplier selection, and supplier development in conjunction with corporate Commodity Purchasing Teams
- Coordinate the automotive release process (PPAP) and coordinate resource needs with Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Coordinate and track Supplier Development and Supplier Quality process improvement needs throughout the NPD projects
- Track and measure performance at each Phase of the NPD process inclusive of timing, cost targets, and supplier performance.
- Generate and provide inputs to NPD project milestone Exit Reviews.
- Bachelor (HBO) of Master degree (WO) preferably with purchasing management certificate (NEVI 1&2).
- 3-5 Years minimum experience required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent collaboration, communication & project management skills.
Sensata Technologies is a global key player in the automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets. This role is an excellent opportunity to join an international dynamic organization. There are excellent prospects to develop further.
Interested in this vacancy at Sensata Technologies?
Please upload your motivation and CV in English via our application form.