Data Center Operations Engineer
As the NL Data Center Operation team we are responsible for around-the-clock assembly, delivery and maintenance of the infrastructure in our Netherlands based Leaseweb Datacenters. In close collaboration with the Sales and Global Support teams we are focused on efficient and timely delivery to our internal and external customers.
What is the role about?
As an Engineer you are involved in the daily delivery of hardware and hosting services of LeaseWeb. You are responsible for the configuration and installation of the servers during the delivery process in various data centers in the Netherlands. You also assist customers with installation of servers and other equipment. In this role your will work in shift hours in a small experienced team. The work environment is dynamic and has an international character.
Ocom is Europe's leading internet services company. Ocom and its subsidiaries are part of the experience of millions of internet users around the world every day. Companies trust our companies to bring content to end users in a reliable fashion. Our companies provide sustainable internet services that enable individuals and businesses to establish, maintain, and evolve an online presence.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of the inbound tickets and tasks
- Install, relocate and remove server equipment in various data centers in the Netherlands
- Assist customers within data centers (customers with their own racks/servers)
- Upgrade/downgrade server equipment (memory/hard disks/etc.)
- Replace hardware and handle all relevant administrative matters (RMA handling)
- Diagnose servers and server equipment in accordance with standards
- A degree at the senior secondary vocational education (MBO) level
- Knowledge of computer hardware (preferably server equipment) and servers in a data center environment
- Knowledge of various operating systems
- Network knowledge (adjusting DNS / IP / Netmask / gateway / etc.)
- possession of a valid (category B) driver’s license is advantageous
- Available to work in rotating shift hours
- Fluent English is required and preferably Dutch.
LeaseWeb, one of the world’s largest hosting brands and part of the OCOM Group, provides Bare Metal, Cloud and Content Delivery Network services. We are growing rapidly, with currently more than 300 highly skilled and motivated employees developing internet infrastructure solutions for our large portfolio of customers. LeaseWeb is a group of independent companies that operate under the brand name LeaseWeb. LeaseWeb consists of LeaseWeb USA, Inc. (“LeaseWeb USA”), LeaseWeb Netherlands B.V. (“LeaseWeb Netherlands”), LeaseWeb Deutschland GmbH (“LeaseWeb Germany”), LeaseWeb Asia Pacific PTE. LTD. (“LeaseWeb Asia Pacific”), and LeaseWeb CDN B.V. (“LeaseWeb CDN”).
LeaseWeb has a flat organizational structure, infused with an entrepreneurial spirit. This empowers employees to make decisions to efficiently meet the commercial and technical requirements of our customers. Do you like to be creative to find solutions, implement the newest technologies, and work with the best developers from all over the world? Then you’ll fit right in at LeaseWeb!
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with secondary benefits like an individual bonus and a company bonus scheme, 25 days of paid time-off, laptop and mobile phone.
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the application form to apply directly.
For more information please contact Leenze le Grand via, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 2115 9289. We look forward meeting you!
Keywords: vacature Datacenter Engineer Amsterdam, ICT Professional, Hardware Engineer, Systeembeheer, IT Support , Netwerk Specialist Noord-Holland