syncreon technology is a specialised provider of integrated logistics services to global industries. Located in Waalwijk, Tilburg, Venray and Maasvlakte, we work for premium Technology customers providing value added services & logistics solutions to consumer as well as retail sales sectors. We are currently looking for a
Process Engineer specialising in robotics / automation
We offer an exciting opportunity to join the engineering team with key responsibilities to manage innovative projects, lead productivity improvements by applying Lean / 5S manufacturing techniques, to deliver excellent performance in productivity, innovation, working capital and cycle-time.
As a Process Engineer, you will be working with the operations teams in an international environment to meet engineering goals and objectives that deliver results in line with the business plan.
You will often be asked to work along-side our customers in the design and install of engineering solutions, while also working with our suppliers and managing the engineering project finances and planning. You will be asked to identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems whilst improving existing layout in order to maximize efficiencies. You will also be investigating state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction. You will be working closely with other (engineering) colleagues to identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives.
For whom are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates with the following essential qualifications and competences:
- Hold a Technical Bachelor Degree, preferably in: Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanics, Automation Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- Have at least 3+ years’ relevant experience as an Engineer in automated manufacturing assembly/packaging and familiar with the installation, validation, documentation and support of robots and automated equipment
- Strong analytical, statistical / process analysis background
- Have strong knowledge of classical controls theory, state space models, calibration, digital circuit design and fluid control system design
- Advanced electrical, electromechanical and pneumatics troubleshooting experience
- Basic automation programming experience (Siemens, Omron, Allen Bradley)
- Have experience with/be familiar with process SOP documentation, NPI support, process flow mapping, Health and Safety assessment activities
- Have experience with Lean tools, 5S Visual factory, Total Productive Maintenance and Value stream mapping and in initiating/executing lean processes in material handling and light manufacturing
- Asset management and preventative maintenance scheduling
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills such as AutoCAD, MS Office / Access, MS Project.
The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Hold a Masters in one of the afore mentioned disciplines or systems engineering with experience in translating theory to practice
- Have experience building robots and automated equipment
- Have experience with 6axis robot
- Have experience with Solidworks
- Experience as an engineering lead within a project team
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, and also demonstrate/understand the following:
- The ability to work under time pressure with “deliver on commitment” attitude
- That you are accurate and quality minded
- That the job requires building strong stakeholder relationships and to have a technical and business acumen
- That you are pro-active and able to take ownership for tasks
What do we offer?
We offer an exciting job within an international company. We support personal growth and self-development within an informal environment. We are market leader that excels in innovation and progressiveness. Some travel may be required to other syncreon locations.
We offer a one year contract, a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested? Join us!
Do you have what it takes? The more boxes you tick, the more likely you are to succeed! Please send your application in English by using our application form.
We look forward to your application!
For questions about the role please contact Ken Barry via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR, Elma de Ronde via email@example.com
Keywords: vacature Process Engineer Waalwijk, Techniek, Automation Specialist, Technicus, Elektrotechniek, Engineering, Noord-Brabant